Your right to privacy is very important. The Great British Card Company (referred to below as "we" or "us") recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with a better service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information.
By using this website, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is The Great British Card Company with registered office at The Great British Card Company, Waterwells Business Park, Waterwells Drive, Gloucester GL2 2PH.
- 1) What personal information do we collect?
- Details of transactions You carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your order; When making a purchase with The Great British Card Company, we will collect your contact information, which includes name, address, email address and phone number;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Other information to help us provide you with improved services; and
We may collect and process the following data about You:
- 2) How we use your information
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- To provide customer care;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services; and
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contact for such purposes.
We use information about you in the following ways:
- 3) Information we receive from other sources
Exponential work alongside third parties (including business parties, service providers and fraud protection services) and we may receive information from them about you. These third parties may collect information about you including, but not limited to, your IP address, device-specific information, server logs, device event information, location information, unique application numbers, and local storage. These sources provide their features, which are incorporated on Our website and may have their own privacy statements.
- 4) With whom is the information shared?
- Any cardholder who has purchased services on your behalf;
- Any employees, agents or service providers of Exponential to deal with any accounts or to deliver specific services to you;
- Any associated company who are our business partners and/or with whom we work;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings;
- If Exponential or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Exponential, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you access the web site;
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and operating system (Windows, UNIX) you use;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visit; and
- the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
This is solely statistical data that enables Us to analyse customer trends and does not identify personally identifiable information.
We work closely with third parties who may also supply Us with analytical services. These third parties may provide Us with analytical cookies for Us to review.
For further information about cookies, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- 6) Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers within Europe, including the United Kingdom.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 7) Links
The Great British Card Company may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Any information You supply on such sites will not be within our control.
- 8) How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
- 9) Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by e-mailing us at email@example.com
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 10) Contact Us
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.